Cellular Immunology Lab
- The role of plasma membrane fluidity in cell-cell interaction
- The regulation of antigen presentation in dendritic cells
- Immune response against the chronic viral infection
- The development of anti-viral drugs
Young-Jin Seo, Ph.D. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Course Students
Yong-Bin Cho, M.S. email: email@example.com
Younghyun Lim, M.S. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Gu Lee, M.S. email: email@example.com
Master Course Students
Yong-Hyun Joo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoyeon Jeon, email: email@example.com
Seyoung Kim, M.S. (2018-2020)
Ji-Hun Kang, M.S. (2019-2021)
Dongin Kim, M.S. (2019-2021)
• Da Min Jeong, Su Jin Yoo, Min-Seung Jeon, Byung Hee Chun, Che Ok Jeon, Seong-il Eyun, Young-Jin Seo and Hyun Ah Kang, Genomic features, aroma profiles, and probiotic potential of hansenii complex strains isolated from Korean soybean fermented food, Food Microbiology (2022)
• Se Min Cho, Dae Won Park, Yeong-Geun Lee, Yong Joon Jeong, Hyelin Jeon, Young-Jin Seo*, Hyunggun Kim*, Se Chan Kang*, Anti-varicella zoster virus and related anti-inflammation effects of ethanolic extract of Elaeocarpus sylvestris, Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2022), *Corresponding author
• Seung-Won Yun#, Young-Jin Seo#, Jeong Eun Kwon, Dae Won Park, Yeong-Geun Lee, Tae Hwan Choe, Seul-Ki Kim, Hak Sung Lee, Hyunggun Kim, Se Chan Kang, Preclinical evaluation of Zanthoxylum piperitum Benn., traditional muscle pain remedy, for joint inflammation, Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2022), #Co-first
• Yong-Hyun Joo, Yeong-Geun Lee, Younghyun Lim, Hoyeon Jeon, Eui Ho Kim, Joongyeon Choi, Woojae Hong, Hyelin Jeon, Michael Ahrweiler, Hyunggun Kim*, Se Chan Kang*, and Young-Jin Seo*, Potent antiviral activity of the extract of Elaeocarpus sylvestris against influenza A virus in vitro and in vivo, Phytomedicine (2022), #Co-first, *Corresponding author
• Yeong-Geun Lee, Kyung Won Kang, Woojae Hong, Yeon Hwa Kim, Jen Taek Oh, Dae Won Park, Minsung Ko, Yun-Feng Bai, Young-Jin Seo*, Sang-Myeong Lee*, Hyunggun Kim*, and Se Chan Kang*, Potent antiviral activity of Agrimonia pilosa, Galla rhois, and their components against SARS-CoV-2, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry (2021), *Corresponding author
• Ji-Hun Kang#, Hyun Joo Lee#, Ok-Hyeon Kim, Yong Ju Yun*, Young-Jin Seo*, Hyun Jung Lee*, Biomechanical forces enhance directed migration and activation of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells, Scientific Reports (2021), #Co-first, *Corresponding author
• Dong-In Kim#, Ji-Hun Kang#, Eui-Ho Kim, Young-Jin Seo*, KIF11 inhibition decreases cytopathogenesis and replication of influenza A virus, Molecular & Cellular Toxicology (2021) #Co-first, *Corresponding author
• Minho Lee#, Minju Joo#, Minkyung Ryu#, Young-Jin Seo#, Jaejin Lee, Hong-Man Kim, Ji-Hyun Yeom, Yong-Hak Kim, Jeehyeon Bae, and Kangseok Lee, Endoribonucleases-mediated modulation of hns mRNA stability enhances Salmonella Typhimurium pathogenicity in the host environment, PloS Pathogens (2021) #Co-first
• Dong-In Kim, Yong-Bin Cho, Younghyun Lim, So-Hee Hong, Bumsuk Hahm, Sang-Myeong Lee, Se Chan Kang, Young-Jin Seo*, Chios mastic gum inhibits influenza A virus replication and viral pathogenicity, Journal of General Virology (2021) *Corresponding author
• Yong-Bin Cho, In-Gu Lee, Yong-Hyun Joo, So-Hee Hong*, Young-Jin Seo*, TCR Transgenic Mice: A Valuable Tool for Studying Viral Immunopathogenesis Mechanisms, International Journal of Molecular Sciences (2020), *Corresponding author
• Caleb J. Studstill#, Curtis J. Pritzl#, Young-Jin Seo#,*, Dae Young Kim, Chuan Xia, Jennifer J. Wolf, Ravi Nistala, Madhuvanthi Vijayan, Yong-Bin Cho, Kyung Won Kang, Sang-Myeong Lee, and Bumsuk Hahm*, Sphingosine kinase 2 restricts T cell immunopathology but permits viral persistence, Journal of Clinical Investigation (2020), #Co-first, *Corresponding author
• Eui-Hwan Choi, Seobin Yoon, Young Eun Koh, Young-Jin Seo, and Keun Pil Kim, The Maintenance of Genome Integrity and Homologous Recombination in Embryonic Stem Cells, Exp Mol Med (2020).
• Younghyun Lim#, Seyoung Kim#, Sehoon Kim, Dong-In Kim, Kyung Won Kang, So-Hee Hong, Sang-Myeong Lee, Hye Ran Koh*, Young-Jin Seo*, N-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Impede the TCR Mobility and the TCR–pMHC Interaction of Anti-Viral CD8+ T Cells, Viruses (2020) #Co-first, *Corresponding author
• Yong-Bin Cho#, Sungguan Hong#, Kyung-Won Kang, Ji-Hun Kang, Sang-Myeong Lee*, Young-Jin Seo*, The inhibition of kinesin family member KIF18A expression attenuates the replication of influenza A virus, J Cell Mol Med (2020), #Co-first, *Corresponding author.
• Hansaem Kim, Jaeyong Kang, Seungwoo Hong, Seonyeong Jo, Hyangsoon Noh, Byung-Ha Kang, Suhyun Park, Young-Jin Seo*, Kwang-Hoon Kong*, Sungguan Hong*, 3M-Brazzein as a natural sugar substitute attenuates obesity, metabolic disorder, and inflammation, J Agri Food & Chemistry, (2020) *Corresponding author
• Eunae You, Panseon Ko, Jangho Jeong, Seula Keum, Jung-Woong Kim, Young-Jin Seo, Woo Keun Song, and Sangmyung Rhee, Dynein-mediated nuclear translocation of yes-associated protein through microtubule aceylation controls fibroblast activation, Cell Mol Life Sci, (2020).
• Mi Jin Kim#, Chul-Hong Kim#, Young-Jin Seo#, Mi-Jin An, Ju-Hyun Lee, Geun-Seup Shin, Jae Yoon Hwang, Jinhong Park, Ji-Young Kim, Seung Yong Hwang, Sangmyung Rhee, Jung-Woong Kim, Transcriptome dynamics of alternative splicing events revealed early phase of apoptosis induced by methylparaben in H1299 human lung carcinoma cells, Archives of Toxicology, (2020) #Co-first.
• Seyoung Kim#, Yong-Bin Cho#, Chi-hoon Song, Seong-Il Eyun*, Young-Jin Seo*, Kinesin family member KIF18A is a critical cellular factor that regulates the differentiation and activation of dendritic cells, Genes & Genomics (2020), #Co-first, *Corresponding author.
• Seyoung Kim, Sung-Jin Cho, Ju-Young Lee, Younghyun Lim, Soon Cheol Park*, Young-Jin Seo*, Upregulation of cellulase activities by the bacterial challenge in the earthworm, Eisenia andrei, BBRC (2020) *Corresponding author.
• Dae Won Park, Young Min Ham, Rina So, Young Jin Seo*, Se Chan Kang*, Multioside, an active ingredient from Adonis amurensis, displays anti-cancer activity through autophagosome formation, Phytomedicine (2019) *Corresponding author.
• Jeong Eun Kwon, Yeong-Geun Lee, Ji-Hun Kang, Nam-In Baek, Young-Jin Seo* and Se Chan Kang*, Anti-viral activity of compounds from Agrimonia pilosa and Galla rhois extract mixture, Bioorganic chemistry (2019) *Corresponding author.
• Kyung Won Kang#, Seyoung Kim#, Yong-Bin Cho, Seung Rok Ryu, Young-Jin Seo*, Sang-Myeong Lee*, Endogenous n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are beneficial to dampen CD8+ T cell-mediated inflammatory response upon the viral infection, International Journal of Molecular Sciences (2019), #Co-first, *Corresponding author.
• Chuan Xia#, Young-Jin Seo#, Caleb J. Studstill, Madhuvanthi Vijayan, Jennifer J. Wolf, and Bumsuk Hahm, Transient inhibition of sphingosine kinases confers protection toinfluenza A virus infected mice, Antiviral Research (2018) *Co-first, (2018) Oct;158:171-177.
• Renan Aguilar-Valenzuela, Jason Netland, Young-Jin Seo, Arash Grakoui, and Mehul Suthar, Dynamics of tissue-specific CD8+ T cell responses during West Nile virus infection. Journal of Virology (2018)
• Young-Jin Seo#, Prithiviraj Jothikumar#, Mehul Suthar, Cheng Zhu, and Arash Grakoui, Local cellular and cytokine cues in the spleen regulate in situ T cell receptor affinity, function, and fate of CD8+ T cells. Immunity (2016) #Co-first.
• Curtis J. Pritzl, Young-Jin Seo, Chuan Xia, Madhuvanthi Vijayan, Zachary D. Stokes, and Bumsuk Hahm, A ceramide analogue displays stimulatory activity on dendritic cells to promote T cell responses upon virus infection. Journal of Immunology (2015)
• Young-Jin Seo and Bumsuk Hahm, Sphingosine analog AAL-R increases activation of LCMV-infected dendritic cells, Viral Immunology (2014)
• Madhuvanthi Vijayan, Young-Jin Seo, Curtis John Pritzl, Sarah Angela Squires, Stephen Alexander, and Bumsuk Hahm, Sphingosine kinase regulates measles virus replication, Virology (2014)
• Daniel J Howard, Young-Jin Seo, Bumsuk Hahm and Jae Wan Kwon, A Microfluidic Device with Concave Surfaced Micropost Array for Rare Cell Capture, IEEE Sensors Journal (2014)
• Young-Jin Seo, Curtis J. Pritzl, Madhuvanthi Vijayan, Kavita Bomb, Mariah E. McClain, Stephen Alexander, and Bumsuk Hahm, Sphingosine kinase 1 serves as a pro-viral factor regulating NF-κB and RanBP3 activation upon influenza virus infection, Plos One (2013)
• Curtis J. Pritzl, Young-Jin Seo, and Bumsuk Hahm, Viruses strive to suppress host immune responses and prolong persistence, Book Title: Recent Advances in Immunology to Target Cancer, Inflammation and Infections, Dr. Jagat Kanwar (Ed.) InTech (2012)
• Young-Jin Seo, Curtis J. Pritzl, Madhuvanthi Vijayan, Celeste R. Blake, Mariah E. McClain, and Bumsuk Hahm, Sphingosine analog AAL-R increases TLR7-mediated dendritic cell responses via p38 and type I IFN signaling pathways, Journal of Immunology (2012)
• Young-Jin Seo, Stephen Alexander, and Bumsuk Hahm, Does cytokine signaling link sphingolipid metabolism to host defense and immunity against virus infections? Cytokine Growth Factor Rev (2011)
• Yeon-Joo Yook, Young-Jin Seo, Hyoung Jin Kang, Sang-Hyeok Ko, Hee Young Shin, Jeong Jin Lee, Gajin Jeong, and Hyo Seop Ahn, The induction of hypoxia-inducible factor- 1α inhibits drug-induced apoptosis in the human leukemic cell line HL-60, Korean J Hematol (2010)
• Young-Jin Seo and Bumsuk Hahm, Type I interferon modulation of host immune system battling with invading viruses, Adv Appl Microbiol (2010)
• Young-Jin Seo, Celeste R. Blake, Steven Alexander, and Bumsuk Hahm, Sphingosine 1- phosphate-metabolizing enzymes control influenza virus propagation and viral cyto- pathogenicity, Journal of Virology (2010)
• Hyoung Jin Kang, Ji Won Lee, Sang Hyeok Kho, Min Jeong Kim, Young Jin Seo, Hee Young Shin, Hyo Seop Ahn, High transcript level of FLT3 associated with poor prognosis in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia, J Korean Med Sci (2010)
• Hyoung Jin Kang, Yongtaek Oh, Sung-Min Chun, Young Jin Seo, Hee Young Shin, Chul Woo Kim, Hyo Seop Ahn, Byoung-Don Han, TotalPlex gene amplification using bulging primers for pharmacogenetic analysis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Mol Cell Probes (2008)
• Young-Jin Seo#, Sang Hyeok Koh#, Hyoung Jin Kang, Hee Young Shin, Gajin Jeong, Hyo Seop Ahn, Hypoxia inhibits the SDF-1-dependent migration of human leukemic cell line HL-60 via blocking of Akt activation, Biochem Biophys Res Commun (2007)
Updated on 2022/05/14